Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day Deux, IDC

IDC Day Two-


Okay, I went from a fairly confident alpha dog to sad puppy in about 35 min. It’s interesting to be humbled by someone that is smiling.

Started the day off at Starbucks and actually had to teach the barista how to make an Undertow. Really? Starbuck’s invented it. Theresa and I went from restaurant to restaurant studying Physics and Physiology until the employees started to stare… then we found another.

Did you know that salt water weighs 64 lbs. per cubic foot? Or that every foot you go deeper underwater increases your pressure by 0.0303 psi? Me either…

Dive Utah is a cool dive shop. Met with our Course Director and our Staff Instructor. I thought we were good. These guys are REALLY good. I learned a few things today…

1) Enthusiasm is everything.

2) Be enthused…. Or else…

3) If a PADI instructor candidate bends over to pick up a dropped pencil, butterflies and unicorns will come out of his or her butt.

4) Passing a unicorn really hurts!

5) I’m only half as good as I thought I was and that’s being generous.

6) You’d better get enthused.

7) You can drink all the 3/2 beer you want and still not get a buzz.

Had a great dinner with Theresa and my son at California Pizza. Now, finish homework and it’s off to bed.

Tomorrow… 12 hours of classroom and pool work.

No comments:

Post a Comment